SankalpTaru Foundation identify regions of plantation where there are pressing agricultural and water issues, and by taking up plantation in those regions, take a step towards betterment of farmer community and reviving farm practices
Our Rural Livelihood Program has been designed to improve the farmers/villagers’ livelihoods and provide a sustainable income for their families
Objectives of this program are:
- To support rural farmers with a more reliable source of income for sustaining their families in the long run.
- Empowering women and promoting extensive agriculture practices in the targeted villages.
- To increase orchards, while also creating a more reliable source of income for the beneficiaries by reducing their livelihood dependency on seasonal crops.
- To help the associated beneficiaries in earning a sustainable and reliable source of income through the fruit-bearing tree’s rooted on their fields.
Working model of Rural Livelihood Support
Case Study on PROJECT HARIT UDAAN Sponsoring partner
- To uplift rural farmers of the targeted states through agroforestry-based livelihood support program. while maximizing the socio-environmental impact through plantation.
- To increase the green cover of the denuded area of these states by planting native trees that support local biodiversity.
- To create a self-enthusiastic and self-sustainable ecosystem using various interventions (integrated organic farming practices and workshops).
- To offer a technology platform that will ensure higher transparency, ease of monitoring & reporting and marketing mileage.
- The difficult regional topography and shortage of water availability in some of these areas.
- Simultaneous management of plantation in multiple states.
- Insufficiency on farmer knowledge and technical know-how in the field of agroforestry.