Preventing the city dwellers from the effect of pollution
- Under city-based plantation program, SankalpTaru Foundation plant trees within the city limits and/or up to 10 to 15 kms outskirts of city limits
- Having called well planned cities, they have become an industrial hub with urbanisation stretched to every corner. To curb their concerning issue of environmental degradation, our campaign would work for balancing the ecology of these cities
- The aim is to bring about a green revolution wherein the communities would come together to nurture the environment for a sustainable and better living
- Through this program, locals and students will be enlightened about the perils of global warming and the importance of environment conservation
- Our initiative would develop a self-enthusiastic model for a greener tomorrow, bringing the locals closer to environment
- The campaign would lastly intend towards providing a cooling effect through shade and transpiration
Why City Based Tree Plantation?
- To provide more people with better health securities, the program extends its outreach to decided locations in various cities.
- Along with tree plantation, we also invite the employees of the company to come and spend some time greening their cities.
- This will not only promote greenery but will also promote unity and companionship within the team.
- To mobilize the communities, trees would be planted at residential societies, schools, farmer’s field outskirt the city and various public institutions
- Proliferating a “Green Revolution” amongst the locals of the targeted cities, the project would aim at involving the populace and school students in plantation and maintenance activities
- This would connect communities to the environment and inculcate in them a sense of responsibility towards their nature.
Working Model of City Based Plantation-
Case Study on GO GREEN CITY CAMPAIGN by Sponsoring Partner
- To increase the green cover of the denuded area of these 7 cities by planting native trees that support local biodiversity.
- To inform the DHL employees about environment conservation through the employee engagement activity of tree plantation, while also mobilizing local city dwellers.
- To combat rising city pollution and sequester carbon at a huge rate.
- To enlighten a spark of responsibility amongst masses towards trees and their protection.
Location– Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Agra, Chandigarh, Delhi, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Surat, Kolkata, Guwahati, Patna, Ranchi, Indore, Bhopal.
- Finding locations apt for plantation in these cities, with watering and fencing facilities available.
- Simultaneous management of plantation in multiple cities with different weather and soil conditions.